Last October many of you participated in the first annual Ted’s Run for Literacy at Kildonan Park in Winnipeg. Thanks to runners such as you and our wonderful sponsors, Ted’s Run donated $3500 to Start2Finish, a national organization that promotes literacy and physical activity in disadvantaged neighborhoods in cities across Canada. The money we raise through Ted’s Run stays in Winnipeg and directly supports running and reading clubs at three innercity schools; Shaughnessy Park, Sister MacNamara, and William Whyte Community School. This year our goal is to donate $5000 to Start2Finish and we need your help!
Please accept this as your personal invitation to register for the second annual Ted’s Run for Literacy. We have implemented a number of improvements such as:
- Economical registration fees including a very affordable family rate.
- A re-certified course, which allows for the start and finish lines to be very close together.
- We are a Timex Series run (the last one of the season).
- We are using chip timing.
- A new 2 k and 4 k fun race, which will not interfere with the 10 k lead runners.
- An effort to be the most environmentally friendly race in the city.
- A lead cyclist to guide faster runners.
Ted’s Run is on October 21 at Kildonan Park. The early bird registration ends on September 30. All early bird registrants will be eligible to win a men’s or women’s watch valued at $500. The early bird registration fee is $30 (adult) and $10 (youth). After September 30th the fees are $35 and $15.
|Men's Citizen Eco-Drive Watch valued at $500|
|Women's Citizen Eco-Drive Watch valued at $500.|
Ted’s Run Race Committee is:
It's a good day to be alive.