We had our last school run this morning. It was great fun and I promised the kiddies that we'll start up again in September. Here's the numbers:
- 3800... number of kilometers we logged.
- 130... number of student participants.
- 33... number of parent volunteers.
- 32 number of students, moms, dads, and staff participating in the marathon.
- 1250+ ... number of freezies consumed by running club.
- priceless... number of laughs and talks with the kids.
My grade 8 student who is running the 1/2 marathon asked if he could join me for the first 5 or 6 miles where the full and half separate. I told him we'd be honored to have him join us. I'm thinking I might also try to hook him up with a 2:15 group but then again that might be too slow for him. I'll figure something out.
Speaking of figuring... I'm trying to figure out what to do with this blog after the race. It was intended to track the 6 months leading up to the marathon. Now that we're almost there I'm not sure where to go from here... what to do with the blog?
Rest well, don't forget to pick up you're race kit. Bye for now. M